Keilana and Daddy were playing bowling on the Wii. Since becoming familiar with the Wii and learning all the controls she has adapted herself to "quitting" the game when she no longer wants to play it. This has happened several times to Daddy right in the middle of a good bowing game. Today he took the controller away from her and informed her that it isn't nice to just quit in the middle of the game and that she has to ask first. Of course she got upset when Daddy took the Wii controller away and told him that he wasn't her best friend anymore. (She has started this thing that when she gets upset at us for something she informs us that we aren't her best friend anymore.) However, her later response caught us off guard and was hysterical; we couldn't keep a straight face any longer.
Pointing to her face she said very seriously, "Look at my face. Does it look like I'm not nice?" Jon just started chuckling, trying hard not to laugh, but he was in disbelief that she had just told him that. He then looked at me and said, "Do you say that to her?!" And I do. If she isn't listening to me or doing something to make me upset and isn't responding to my voice, I get down on her level and try to get her to notice my facial expressions to get her attention better. I usually will say, "Keilana, look at Mama's face. What does Mama's face tell you? Do I look happy?" She'll reply with whatever expression is on my face at that time. It's funny when the stuff you do to your chilcren comes back on you
6 comments:
haha, that is too funny!!! She's pretty quick on her feet! :)
What a little sponge:o) Kiss her for us!!! miss you guys!
Keilana you are just way too cute and funny!!! Hope to see you soon sassy girl. LOVE Nanny.
That is so hilarious!! Gosh, what kids will pick up on..I love it!!
That's such a Keilana comment! Too funny! I can totally see her face while she's saying it too. That cracks me up!
Post a Comment